- Safety - in a healthy, equal relationship, you feel
safe. You do not have to worry that your partner will harm you physically
or emotionally, and you are not tempted to harm them. You can change your
mind about something - like having sex - without being afraid of how
your partner will respond.
- Honesty - you don't hide anything important from
your partner, and can say what you think without fear of being ridiculed.
You can admit to being wrong, and you resolve disagreements by
talking honestly.
- Acceptance - you accept each other as you are. You
appreciate your partner's unique qualities, such as shyness or spaceyness,
and do not try to "fix" them. If you don't like your partner's
qualities, you should not be with that person.
- Respect - you think highly of each other. You
treat each other as equals – neither one of you is “the boss.” You
do not feel superior or inferior to your partner in important ways. You
respect each other's right to have separate opinions and ideas.
- Enjoyment and Equality - a good
relationship is not just about how two people treat each other – it also
has to be fun! (If it is not fun, why bother?) In a healthy,
equal relationship, you feel energized and alive in your partner's
presence. You can play and laugh together.
I only change for those who let me But they're too quick to forget me Already out the door As I want to give them more I'm only as happy as I choose But everyone tries to make me They're always trying to please me Instead of telling me what's wrong Am I too sentimental? I don't ask too much. Do I sound too certain? They worry I will get resentful. All the things they ask of me When in the end, I let it be I've never been one for convincing But they all say I'm a charmer It's only because I run warmer Than what they knew before I don't fake my emotions I'm no manipulator And if you got to know me, You'd see I'm not a taker I don't fight, I won't fight I just laugh and I cry And I try real hard To make it look I'm alive. Maybe I hide too much They can never tell my bluff I'm not misunderstood The moment they get me They're not sure if they should. Hope by hope I drip away Fading colour on my lips One by one I lose ...
Comments
Post a Comment