Some of us are so caught up trying to get water from a dry well we completely miss the oasis in the distance. Or worse, we see the oasis and choose to wait the well out, or improve our digging habits, as though through sheer determination and resourcefulness we could survive in the desert without water forever.
I only change for those who let me But they're too quick to forget me Already out the door As I want to give them more I'm only as happy as I choose But everyone tries to make me They're always trying to please me Instead of telling me what's wrong Am I too sentimental? I don't ask too much. Do I sound too certain? They worry I will get resentful. All the things they ask of me When in the end, I let it be I've never been one for convincing But they all say I'm a charmer It's only because I run warmer Than what they knew before I don't fake my emotions I'm no manipulator And if you got to know me, You'd see I'm not a taker I don't fight, I won't fight I just laugh and I cry And I try real hard To make it look I'm alive. Maybe I hide too much They can never tell my bluff I'm not misunderstood The moment they get me They're not sure if they should. Hope by hope I drip away Fading colour on my lips One by one I lose ...
Comments
Post a Comment