Skip to main content

Fear and self-loathing

You'll constantly be faced with the choice between love and fear in your life. It will show up at every crossroad. It will be in the people you choose to keep around you. It will be in hardship, in daily experiences, and in major life choices. 

To choose love means to be brave. You have to find the strength to be vulnerable when you'd rather hide. Love means to open up when you'd rather shut down. Love does what is right, what is beautiful, what is kind. To choose love means to take the path that is harder. It means to follow your heart. To love is to listen to your inner wisdom. Love is pursuing your deepest desires, despite any hardships, obstacles or external consequences. Love is pushing past the barriers within and without in order to live authentically, truthfully, uniquely.

It's not as easy as choosing from fear. Fear is essentially a mechanism of self-protection. But every time you make a choice out of fear, you need to know it comes at a cost. When fear leads, you shut down or kill parts of you. So you cannot expect these 'safe' choices not to make an impact on your life. You can't choose short term comfort and think you won't feel like you've betrayed yourself. You can't think you won't be disappointed and depressed about your life and the choices you've made. 

Sure, it might temporarily be easier to choose out of fear - because you haven't stepped out of your protected shell. But long term, prepare to feel the self-loathing, the insecurity, the sadness of not being who you were meant to be, who you want to be. The consequence of being fear is not being love. Love is all that inflames the embers of your soul. Love is light, laughter, joy, freedom, beauty.

It can be challenging to live from the heart. There are obstacles that you've created and wounds that others have left behind that try to hold you back from being love, choosing love, giving love and receiving love. But what's the alternative? You can shut down and self protect, but you'll be the one who feels the pain, withers, and dies as a result.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The others

I only change for those who let me But they're too quick to forget me Already out the door As I want to give them more I'm only as happy as I choose But everyone tries to make me They're always trying to please me Instead of telling me what's wrong Am I too sentimental?  I don't ask too much.  Do I sound too certain?  They worry I will get resentful.  All the things they ask of me When in the end, I let it be I've never been one for convincing But they all say I'm a charmer It's only because I run warmer Than what they knew before I don't fake my emotions I'm no manipulator And if you got to know me,  You'd see I'm not a taker I don't fight, I won't fight I just laugh and I cry And I try real hard To make it look I'm alive.  Maybe I hide too much They can never tell my bluff I'm not misunderstood The moment they get me They're not sure if they should. Hope by hope I drip away Fading colour on my lips One by one I lose ...

The angry woman

I am the angry woman I'm bleeding white-hot rage My fury of tears will drown you You should all feel afraid.  My tongue is poised for lashing My feet are here to crush My lungs are filled with fire I cannot stop the rush. My skin is scalding ashes  Of a burning, ember heart My words beat down like hail My screams are lightning darts. Watch me drink the poison And wait for you to die I am the angry woman But you all think I lie. 

You

You give me something no one else can give You make me brave So that I think We could make something out of this Life could be so beautiful But I shouldn't think like this And yet, I've never felt so seen So thoroughly understood You meet me where I stand And lead me to a higher ground Just by being you. Your gaze pierces through me You unearth me. I trust in every word you breathe Your heart has earned my fealty It's sometimes hard to breathe When you're there beside me Thrilling but also comforting I lean into you so effortlessly I never worry anymore If I'm choosing right Or thinking straight You're the best bet I could ever make I like you on the inside as much as out I like your heart, your mind, your actions too I understand your pain I know about your fears I see the broken parts that you try to hide I've never cared like this Not really on the inside I'm selfless now and unafraid Finally - I know how it feels to lov...