Skip to main content

Fully alive

I used to be afraid of feeling fear, anxiety, regret, pain, disappointment. Now, I am only afraid of feeling nothing at all. What I want now is to be fully alive, to feel it all, knowing I am strong enough to grow through it. I've had my  awakening: the realization that I am responsible for my own life. I will not wait until I am at the end of my life before I begin to live with the purpose of fulfilling my deepest desires. I will not let the fear of uncertainty and change prevent me from pursuing my dreams. 

I refuse to walk through my days like a zombie. Some people die at 30 but are not buried until they are 75. These people are dead inside, "The Walking Dead". They've given up. They've chosen to settle and minimize feeling. The problem is, when you numb yourself to difficult emotions, you also numb yourself to beautiful ones.


Life is complicated, beautiful, challenging, rewarding and it should be the amazing adventure you've always dreamed of. Don't wait until you are on your death bed to evaluate whether you're living authentically, making choices out of love, not fear, and experiencing vitality, passion and joy.


And when you experience a spiritual transformation and your life no longer serves you, don't be afraid to make a change. You owe it to yourself and to others who are struggling in the darkness. They need to see your example of not settling for good enough, safe, and simple. The moment you stop caring about what people think you should be and feel the pure freedom of being who you are is the moment your life truly begins.


So ask yourself, what lies on the other side of my fear and repressed desires?

We were all born with a purpose and the longing for that was placed into our hearts as desire. No matter how complicated or unattainable it may seem, that desire cannot be denied without shutting off all of your humanity along with it.


How long can you go on ignoring your desire before you're dead inside?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The others

I only change for those who let me But they're too quick to forget me Already out the door As I want to give them more I'm only as happy as I choose But everyone tries to make me They're always trying to please me Instead of telling me what's wrong Am I too sentimental?  I don't ask too much.  Do I sound too certain?  They worry I will get resentful.  All the things they ask of me When in the end, I let it be I've never been one for convincing But they all say I'm a charmer It's only because I run warmer Than what they knew before I don't fake my emotions I'm no manipulator And if you got to know me,  You'd see I'm not a taker I don't fight, I won't fight I just laugh and I cry And I try real hard To make it look I'm alive.  Maybe I hide too much They can never tell my bluff I'm not misunderstood The moment they get me They're not sure if they should. Hope by hope I drip away Fading colour on my lips One by one I lose ...

The angry woman

I am the angry woman I'm bleeding white-hot rage My fury of tears will drown you You should all feel afraid.  My tongue is poised for lashing My feet are here to crush My lungs are filled with fire I cannot stop the rush. My skin is scalding ashes  Of a burning, ember heart My words beat down like hail My screams are lightning darts. Watch me drink the poison And wait for you to die I am the angry woman But you all think I lie. 

You

You give me something no one else can give You make me brave So that I think We could make something out of this Life could be so beautiful But I shouldn't think like this And yet, I've never felt so seen So thoroughly understood You meet me where I stand And lead me to a higher ground Just by being you. Your gaze pierces through me You unearth me. I trust in every word you breathe Your heart has earned my fealty It's sometimes hard to breathe When you're there beside me Thrilling but also comforting I lean into you so effortlessly I never worry anymore If I'm choosing right Or thinking straight You're the best bet I could ever make I like you on the inside as much as out I like your heart, your mind, your actions too I understand your pain I know about your fears I see the broken parts that you try to hide I've never cared like this Not really on the inside I'm selfless now and unafraid Finally - I know how it feels to lov...